Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fabric Rolled Rosettes

I have posted this before on our old blog. It received quite a few comments from people who found it helpful, so I have repeated it here on our new blog page. Enjoy! So I decided to have a go at making these rolled Rosettes. I am making myself a hand bag and am thinking I will attach some of these rosettes to it. This is what I did. I cut out some of the fabric that my bag will be made out of, cutting them into 2.5cm x 30.5cm strips (no need to edge them which I love!) Then I tied a knot at one end of the strip and then with craft glue at hand, twisted and rolled the fabric around the knot, applying glue intermittently to secure the twisted fabric. I then applied a bit of glue on the back of the rosette for the final couple of cm's of fabric and Voila! I love them and think they will look great on my bag. I will probably use the hot glue gun as well as a bit of hand stitching to secure them to the bag. You can roll longer lengths of fabric to make bigger rosettes. TIP: A solid coloured fabric will give more colour and brightness as printed fabric will expose the wrong, dull side of the fabric when you twist the material. B & B

No comments:

Post a Comment